Tuesday 31 January 2012

"Yeh jo mera outFOOt hai Umar Sayeed ka hai"-Meera

I've been in love with this Umar Sayeed number ever since I've seen it. It has it all, it's over the top, traditional, and modern. As many may have speculated I love the mesh of the traditional with the modern. This dress does it perfectly! And I love the colours as well: the bright pink contrasted with a green. In love with this dress I sent the folks at Umar sayeed a enquiry and was left speechless when I got a number back. PKR 650000, over CAD $7000!!!
I guess for now I'll have to wait untill a event pops up for which spending CAD $7000 on a dress becomes justifiable. But for when I do get it the below is how I would style it.
I'd pair the dress with hot pink louboutins and a hot pink Alexander McQueen clutch, to play up the pop of pink in this dress. For jewelry I would go with large statement earrings and bangles or a cuff on one arm.
For makeup I'd  go with dramatic eyeliner inspired by old bollywood heriones like Sharmila Tagore and Meena Kumari. I'd keep the eye-palette in shimmery golds and greys like in the Chanel pallete above and keep the lips playful but understated with this pink lip gloss from dior. For nails I'd go with the insanely popular Chanel nail colour in 531, peridot. It would go perfectly with the dress. Heres to hoping I'll be ordering this dress in the near future.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment